Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Paintings are ready - hooray

Today is an auspicious day, both the paintings I commissioned are ready. I sent checks off today to pay for them both and now I have to wait until they arrive, either by UPS or by me going to pick them up.

The first painting ordered is an impression of the Arneson River Theater and Rosita’s Bridge in San Antonio. It is by Henry Cardenas and it was commissioned when Patricia and I visited San Antonio several weeks ago. This scene, the bridge and the arched pathway to La Villita have special meaning for me and it is wonderful to have a painting that will bring back wonderful memories of visiting La Villita and exploring the art shops and galleries.





The second painting is actually a series of three that are designed to be hung vertically. Patricia was the instigator behind this purchase. She recognized that the paintings will match well with the large Bosco painting already hanging on the green wall in the living room. The particular paintings we liked were sold before we could get back and buy them on the second day of the Winter Holiday Art Market, so I commissioned Marcela Bonini to recreate the paintings she had sold and this is the result.


No comments: